We recommend handwashing your Carmody knit. Handwashing is always the best and safest method for washing alpaca. Dry-cleaning solvents and enzyme-containing detergents will degrade the yarns. Carmody has teamed up with The Laundress to keep your Carmody knits clean and feeling awesome! Check out how to wash your Carmody knit below, featuring the ladies of The Laundress.
Steps to handwashing your Carmody knit:
- Add 2 capfuls of the Wool and Cashmere Shampoo to a washbasin or sink filled with cold water.
- Submerge the item and gently agitate the water with your hands to evenly distribute soap. Soak for up to 30 minutes.
- Rinse well by running cool water through the item until the water is no longer soapy.
- Do not wring. Instead, press the water out of the item.
- If there is colour in the water, don’t worry! It’s normal. The yarn is simply releasing excess dye, and you will not notice any loss of colour after the wash is complete.
Drying your Carmody knit:
- Lay the item flat in its natural shape on a drying rack or clean towel. Do not put your Carmody knit it in the dryer!
- Expedite drying by laying the item flat on a clean towel. With the item in its original shape, roll it up in the towel (like a sleeping bag) to remove excess water.
- When drying, avoid direct sunlight and heat sources, such as the radiator, because they can yellow, shrink, or damage your knit.
- Never hang wet knits.
- To remove wrinkles, we recommend steaming for the best and safest finish. Never iron, as ironing will crush or flatten the natural pile of the yarns.
Storing your Carmody knit:
- Knit items should be stored folded to prevent stretching or distorting.
Wool & Cashmere Shampoo - $28 - Buy Now
To freshen between wearings, spritz with Wool & Cashmere Spray. This nontoxic and allergen-free fabric spray naturally repels bugs and moths.
Wool & Cashmere Spray - $15 - Buy Now